I’ve always been a low maintenance hair kind of girl. My hair has a natural wave so I’m able to leave it to dry without styling (although it does take about 12 hours because it’s so thick). However, since having Harley I’ve found that I’ve fallen into a hair-style rut, which can be broken down into five stages dependant on my mood and ultimately how much sleep I’ve had the night before.
- The ‘I’ve had very little sleep/no time to get ready/generally can’t be bothered’ throw-up.
- The ‘I’ve had an extra couple of minutes this morning so decided to actually achieve a style’ bun.
- The ‘My hair isn’t in too bad a state today but not a good enough state to wear down’ ponytail.
- The ‘My hair is borderline ok today so I’m going for a half-up, half-down’ look.
- And finally the ‘After an interrupted night of sleep I’m feeling smug and my hair is too’ straightened hair-down look.
I’d love to say that the final look is my everyday go-to but that’d be lying. Harley’s teething, has the tail end of cold and isn’t sleeping too well at the moment, the ‘I’ve had very little sleep/no time to get ready/generally can’t be bothered’ throw-up it is then…